Time tracking in JIRA with no 3rd part plugins

Christy Small May 19, 2022

Hi all, I need to be able to track time and produce reports showing who working on what and how long they spent on a ticket. 
I cannot use clockify

I followed the instructions here
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/configuring-time-tracking-720411960.html
But this is not shown in the system menu: Choose  > System. Select Issue Features > Time Tracking to open the Time Tracking page.

Im trying to get to this report:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jira064/time-tracking-report-720416014.html

Note, I do not have a reports link in the left hand menu. 

Thanks
C

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 19, 2022

Time tracking in Jira is basic, it asks people to "log work on issues" and has some simple reporting on it, but if you want something a bit more powerful, then you should be looking at adding apps.

I need something clarified before we go any further.  You've told us you are on Cloud, but you are reading documentation for Jira Server 6.4.  Which one is it?  (And is it really 6.4 if you're on server)

The docs for 6.4 are not too far off what you'll see in Cloud, but things may be in very different places. 

There is a Time Tracking setting in the admin, but, from memory, it's not under "issue features".  Go to Admin and then just press . to pop up the "search admin" to find it.

Projects mostly do have the time tracking report available - go to your project, click reports in the left bar and scroll to near the bottom ("mostly", because some project types might not have it)

Christy Small May 27, 2022

Thanks for your reply. I don't have a reports icon in the left nav bar. I assume its not available for team projects. Any idea where it might be?
image.png

Christy Small May 27, 2022

Ah its switched off for new projects. 

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Yes, in some project types, you have to opt in, not opt out!

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
STANDARD
PERMISSIONS LEVEL
Site Admin
TAGS
AUG Leaders

Atlassian Community Events