Time tracking fields missing when no value is set

Linus Wahlgren August 31, 2017

I have enabled time tracking and can see the fields when creating a issue. I can't however see the time tracking fields in any other view than the edit popup when no value is set. We need to be able to set this value without opening every single issue. 

I used the "Where is my field?" function and it tells me that the screen is correct but "The field 'Time Tracking' does not have value for issue RE-1 and will not be displayed on the view issue page. Set value for that field so that it shows up."Screen Shot 2017-08-31 at 16.06.50.png

I REALLY need this to be on all the time and also when previewing a task in the board.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Answer:

Go into board -> settings -> estimation ->

Set "Estimation Statistic" to "Original Time Estimate"

Set "Time Tracking" to "Remaining Estimate and Time Spent"

Mike Shkolnik May 17, 2018

According to this page, those settings are only on scrum boards:

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirasoftwarecloud/configuring-estimation-and-tracking-764478030.html

"Note that you can only configure estimation and time tracking for Scrum boards."

How do you make Original Estimate or Time Tracking show on a regular issue view screen when the field is empty and you don't use a scrum board? I was able to edit a Kanban board to show "Estimated Time" on the "Issue Detail View" screen, but that field cannot be edited on the view screen. "Time Tracking" and "Original Estimate" are not options under "Issue Detail View" when editing a Kanban board.

1 vote
Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

That is just the way JIRA behaves, it will not display empty fields.

Wait what? 

It displays every other field just fine when no values are set. I do not have a Label or a Epic assigned but they all show up just fine.

Arthur Mack
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 31, 2017

Your right its just custom fields that do not display when empty. We use TEMPO timesheets so dont look at the JIRA time tracking fields.

0 votes
Nicolas Seronvalle August 31, 2017

Hi,

What you want to achieve is to log work without having to open the edit screen?

I want to be able to edit the time from the boards and from the issue screens and not having to go into the edit popup every time.

Nicolas Seronvalle August 31, 2017

Alright, I'm not sure I get it right but in the backlog or on the board when you preview issue you can click on "..." then on "Log work". It allows you to insert the time you worked on the issue without opening the "Edit" screen.

When viewing the issue details you can also click on "More > Log work".

Does it help?

Log work.jpg

Suggest an answer