Time to restor jira data in jira 5.2.5

assia abde March 9, 2013

it is normal that data recovery of jira (4.1.2) in jira 5.2.5 takes more than 70 hours(still in progress)? knowing that the xml file is 1.5GB and the machine (VMW) has the following configuration: 3 GB RAM, Win Server 2008 64 bit, 4 processors
jira connected with MSSQL 2005 which is on another server

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
assia abde March 10, 2013

I had to redo the entire service configuration jira

I await the end of the updating custom fields

I presice that I executed this request "
ALTER DATABASE [DATABASE-JIRA] SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON"

thank you all

0 votes
codelab expert
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 9, 2013

Please have a look into the log file of jira. Perhaps you have an OutOfMemoryError because of the size of your backup file. Try to increase the memory of jira (xmx and xms parameter).

assia abde March 9, 2013

there is no OutOfMemory

I'll try to restore Data in the HSQL in local server (it is just to verify that the problem is not MS SQL)

Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 9, 2013

I had to redo the entire service configuration jira
I await the end of the updating custom fields

I presice that I executed this request "
ALTER DATABASE [DATABASE-JIRA] SET READ_COMMITTED_SNAPSHOT ON"

thank you all

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 9, 2013

That's far too long - it took 2 hours to restore our test system from a much larger xml file. Also using a VM, but with 4Gb RAM.

I suspect there's something wrong with the VM or Operating system setup. Do you have antivirus running on it? That can kill java processes.

assia abde March 9, 2013

yes, there is a ESET NOD32 antivirus

it is 70h, which is at 92% "data during upgrade to the most recent version"

Suggest an answer