Time stamps on JIRA Issues

Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

How do I find out the time when a user created an issue when the views and logs only show the text Today or Yesterday? Is the only way I can get to it is to export to Excel? I didn't see anything in the UI.

4 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
January 21, 2015

If you hover your mouse over the text "Today" or "Yesterday," you should see the timestamp for that comment in a small alt-text popup. The popup should appear pretty quickly. This also works anywhere else when viewing a JIRA issue when you see the text "Today," "Yesterday," "Just now," etc.

0 votes
Patrick Henry November 9, 2020

How about we just show timestamps 100% of the time instead of this useless "2 days ago" nonsense.

This is for cloud users. 

I am trying to determine of a developer fixed a thing after we chatted about it by looking at the timestamp in his last note.

Alex Christensen
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
November 9, 2020

While I agree there should be at least the option to toggle if you want the full timestamp or the "relative" timestamp, you should still be able to use the same solution I mentioned above. I just tested on Jira Cloud - if you hover your cursor over the "relative" timestamp of "1 minute ago" or "two days ago," the exact date and time of the comment should appear.

example-timestamp.png

0 votes
Dominic Küchler October 26, 2016

See here for setup showing absolute timestamps rather than relatives:
https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/disable-relative-dates-in-jira-applications-414187622.html 

0 votes
Karie Kelly
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 21, 2015

Thank you for that; I had tried previously, but guess I wasn't patient enough or found the right hot zone to trigger it.  But, I went back and do see this now.  Thank you!

Suggest an answer