Time spent on each state of workflow

Andrew Guliver December 17, 2013

Hi!

We are setting JIRA and we created a custom workflow for tickets (lets say it is analysing -> developing -> testing -> closed). We would like to see time spent (logged work) for every state of workflow in every ticket. For example I would see, that analysis took 2 days, development 3 hours etc. Is there any way, how to do this? We have Tempo plugin installed.

Is it also possible to aggregate coments by the state of the ticket? I mean I would see all coments for state Analysis on one place, then for Development below it and so on.

Thanks for any reply

2 answers

0 votes
Andrey Markelov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

Hi, thank you, I will give it a try!

I checked it out, it is measuring real time elapsed, I need logged work:-) Is there any way how to set it?

0 votes
Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 17, 2013

For the first part of oyur question, YEs, you can with the help of jira suite utilities plugin. You get a tab - transitions on the view issue screen which tells you how much time was spent by the issue on the various workflow states.

On the second part, i do not think out of the box it is possible. Everytime a comment is made it appears under the general comments field. You may be achieve this with the help of some plugin but i am not sure on that

Rahul

Thank you for reply. Is Jira Suite Utilities showing logged work, or real elapsed time?

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2013

It shows you amount of time that the issue has spent physically in that very status of the workflow.

It has nothing to do with logged time.

If i were you, the first thing i would do is downalod an evaluation version of the plugin, put it on a test jira instance and check the feature out.

Hi, i am interested in logged work, so it is propably not what I am looking for. Thanks anyway:-)

Rahul Aich [Nagra]
Rising Star
Rising Star
December 17, 2013

ok got you, in that case i withdraw by suggestion. :)

Suggest an answer