Time Tracking - recording Development and Testing Time

Matt February 19, 2014

Hello,

We would like to estimate and log both development and testing time individually in each jira issue. We have looked into the plugin 'tempo-timesheets' but this doesnt seem to be possible, can anyone suggest another way to do this?

Many thanks

4 answers

0 votes
Sverrir Tynes [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 23, 2014

Hi Matt

It is not possible to split Original Estimate and Remaining estimate on an issue. If you created worklog attribute as suggested earlier you can generate an issue report in Tempo Timesheets and pivot according to the attributes (dev, test, design etc)

Original Estimate and Remaining estimate is always an an Issue level.

Sverrir Tynes
Tempo Team

0 votes
Bjarni Thorbjornsson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 20, 2014

Hi,

You could probably also use Tempo's "worklog attributes" for each "worklog type". See here for details: https://tempoplugin.jira.com/wiki/display/TEMPO/Configuring+Worklog+Attributes

-Bjarni

Matt March 21, 2014

Hi Bjarni,

I have now downloaded the tempo timesheet plugin but I cant see how you would add, the following on each jira issue

"Original Estimate for Dev"
"Original Estimate for testing"
"remaining estimate for Dev"
"Remaining extimate for testing"
"Logged time for Dev"
"Logged time for testing" .

Is something like this possible?

Sanjana May 16, 2019

Hi,

Matthew Fletcher,

Same format i"m beyond with...if you have found the solution kindly help me in acquiring it

0 votes
Viðar Svansson [Tempo]
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

Hi Matt,

Why not create sub-tasks for each?

Cheers!

Matt March 21, 2014

I cant add the dev and test as sub-tasks as they are tasks that moves through the workflow which gets passed to the dev and testing teams, so its just one task

0 votes
Andriy Zhdanov
Rising Star
Rising Star
February 20, 2014

Hi Matt,

This is possible with Minyaa plugin for JIRA, please see http://www.minyaa.com/documentation/latest/Features/ModuleTime/WorklogDetails/WorklogTypes.html

Thank you.

Matt March 21, 2014

Hi Andriy, looks like minyaa isnt compatible with JIRA v6.2.

Suggest an answer