Time Tracking: Can we display the time by 'Sub Task'

Krishna Vemula December 25, 2013

When i enter time in a Sub Task, that time rolls up to the main Jira issue and the cumulative totals are displayed. If I have 2 Sub Tasks to a Feature and both has time entered, is there a way to display the time in sub tasks seperately on the main feature screen?

1 answer

1 vote
Matheus Fernandes
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 25, 2013

I do believe so, Krishna. Take a look in this page:

JIRA system administrators can define which fields of sub-tasks are displayed in the Sub-Tasks section on the 'view issue' page of a parent issue (which contains one or more sub-tasks). This is done by editing the value of the jira.table.cols.subtasks property on JIRA's Advanced Settings page.

Specify which fields you want to show in the Sub-Tasks section of a parent issue's 'view issue' page by entering the appropriate 'value' for each field in a comma-separated list. The jira.table.cols.subtasks property can accept the values indicated in right-hand column of the IssueFieldConstants table on the Constant Field Values page (of JIRA's API documentation).

(info)Please Note:

• The order of each value in this list determines the order of their representative fields in the Sub-Tasks section of a parent issue's 'view issue' page.
  • The summary field is a mandatory value which assumes first position in this property's value.

Just add the time field you want to the list of fields to display. :)

Krishna Vemula January 6, 2014

Thanks Matheus, but am looking for some thing like displaying the Time estimate in 'Time Tracking Section' of the parent with the sub heading of Sub Task.

Suggest an answer