Time Spent not available in the 2-Dimensional Widget

David Kaminski June 18, 2015

Trying to add a 2-Dimensional Widget and Time Spent isn't available as an option in my 6.2.1 install. Curious to know if anyone has any tips on why/how to get it to show OR offer an alternative solution to tracking Time Spent on a dashboard.

Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
June 18, 2015

It's not there because it's an unbounded value, and the gadget requires countable values.  The nature of the time spent field is that for 1,000 issues you have 1,000 separate values.  Some of them might be the same.  All of them might be the same or limited to only a handful of values, but there is still the option to have 1,000 different numbers there.

Unbounded values render the gadget pointless.  The gadget is for groups of known values.

Personally, I'd like to see it allow for dates or date ranges, but unbounded numbers are never going to be useful.

There's a couple of "timesheet" addons which can help you with Time Spent on a dashboard (I am guessing at what you're aiming for, and JIRA doesn't quite do it off the shelf, but the timesheet addons are very much worth a look...)

0 votes
David Kaminski June 18, 2015

Thanks, @Nic Brough [Adaptavist] - Appreciate it!

Suggest an answer