Time Estimation

Outerheaven February 26, 2013

Is there a way to show the time estimation only in hours not in days?

We need only to track hours not days or weeks.

Thank you.

2 answers

0 votes
Mark DeMichele February 26, 2013

The funny part is that for my group, we want the opposite. We just want everything to show in "day" (i.e, 1d, 1.5d, 1.25d) etc. Since we're all salaried employees, hours don't have much meaning and when we estimate things, we thing along the lines of "ok, that will take about 1 and half days". Just some food for though.

0 votes
Janet Albion
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 26, 2013

Hi there,

Have you tried setting the Time Tracking Format to use Hours via Administrations > Time Tracking ?

Outerheaven February 26, 2013

Yes of course. But after 8h it is displayed as days.

Because 1 day is set to 8h. If set now a day to 1 mil. hours so it solve the problem... dirty but no more days are displayed.

It would be nice to have a better solution.

JoanneA
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 27, 2013

I tried using Janet's suggestion to set the format to "Hours" (I needed to deactivate and then reactivate Time Tracking in Admin and change the format from Pretty into Hours). After that, in Plan view in GreenHopper it displays "60h" even when my working day is equal to 8h.

Is there somewhere else that it's still being displayed as days? Because that sounds like it's a bug that we should fix.

Daniel Albuschat September 23, 2015

Yes - the issue filter results still display time as "5d 5h" if it is more than one day. This is a real problem for using issue filters to report status of a group of relevant issues to management.

Suggest an answer