Tickets that are containers of other tickets

Matthew Poisson December 7, 2017

I apologize if this has been asked before, I tried to look for something similar.

I am curious to know if Jira supports the ability to have tickets that are "containers" of other tickets?   Then the next logical question is (if it can), can containers have multiple containers?

For example, let's say I have 3 defects, an work request for IT, and a new feature request.   I want to track those individually as a bucket of work (through a simple work flow).   Is that possible.    

Then let's say I have 3 of those types of containers each with their own work items, can I create another container (for argument sake let's say this might be a release) that contains those other 3 containers of work?

If this is all possible, any documentation exist on how to do this?   

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Alexey Matveev
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 7, 2017

Hello,

You should link such issues. You can create your own link types with certain names which will help you to understand connections of your issues. You can read more about links here

https://confluence.atlassian.com/jiracoreserver073/linking-issues-861257339.html

If you need to close issues or move issues if something happened to one of the issues, you would need to add a custom code or use available plugins to implement such logic

Suggest an answer