Tickets not being created via email

Az October 18, 2017

I have the following customer permissions on my JIRA instance, however, tickets are not being created via email from all users. 

I can verify that the email account associated with JIRA is functional and registered customers CAN create tickets. 

jira.png

What am I missing?

1 answer

0 votes
Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 18, 2017

Can you gone into the system panel, under mail and run the tests to confirm Jira has full access?  

Have you opened the mailbox to confirm customer emails are hitting the mailbox directly before Jira attempts to pick it up?

I would also have your email admin check mail flow to confirm mails are hitting the mailbox so Jira can pickup email.

Az October 23, 2017

Hi @Gregory Van Den Ham

Emails were working before, how do I run these tests?

There is no incoming mail server setup but there is an outgoing server, is this a problem?

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 23, 2017

Inside of the service desk project settings, you'll see email requests.  That holds the basic email account info that service desk project.   It will also say on the top, what the security settings are for request security.  check that there.

If you have the login information for the mailbox configured in the project - open it with a mail tool, such as outlook or webmail and see what's inside of that mailbox.  See if it's getting user request emails.   If it's not your problem isn't jira, its the mail system you're using.

for jira itself, go to administration, system tab.  Under mail - check "global email settings", ensure email puller and email processor is on.   Then check "mail queue" and look for errors.  Go to "send mail" and try a test email.

Az October 23, 2017

The security settings are good, as in the pic above. The email puller and email processor are on. 

Where would I get the 'the login information for the mailbox configured in the project'. I only see the email address on the project settings email requests screen but not other settings. 

Gregory Van Den Ham
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 23, 2017

for the email address in the project, click 'edit' next to custom email address.  it's on the page that shows the email address under email requests section of project settings.

Suggest an answer