Tickets changed to a status by a user over a time period

Timothy Daniels October 22, 2017

Hi all,

Hoping if someone might have some idea on how to generate a report on how many tickets have changed to a status by a particular user over a time period. 

For example, 65 tickets were changed to status = 'Done' by 'John Smith', 78 tickets were changed to status = 'Done' by 'Joan Smith'. 

If there is some type of bar graph view or export to CSV function that would be great to know. 

2 answers

1 vote
Steven de Groot
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 24, 2017

Hi Timothy,

I believe you are looking for the "status CHANGED FROM" and "DURING" JQL functions. This will allow you to list issues that were changed from 1 step in the workflow to another. 

Example:

project = DRX and status CHANGED FROM 'In progress' to 'Done' BY Charlie DURING (startOfMonth(), endOfMonth()) 

You could use this type of JQL under Issues -> Current Search and then click on the export button. 

Here are some nice articles about advanced JQL queries:

Regards,

Steven

0 votes
Timothy Daniels October 25, 2017

Hi Steven, thank you so much for your help. I'm having a look now and if for instance I wanted to look at multiple users in the same JQL and then export the results to a CSV, is it possible to add a column which would be something like 'Marked as Done By'.

project = DRX and status CHANGED FROM 'In progress' to 'Done' BY (Charlie,Tim,Jason) DURING (startOfMonth(), endOfMonth())  

For each of the issues on the export I could pull together the data on how many issues Charlie, Tim and Jason have marked as Done. 

Steven de Groot
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
October 26, 2017

Hey Timothy,

If you have this column as a custom field, you can switch to list view and add it via the "Columns" drop down button.

Regards,

Steven

Suggest an answer