Tickets are reassigned to Reporter when closed

HailoAgilist October 8, 2013

Hi there -

A particular user in Jira onDemand experiences the following issue: all (or her majority) tickets are automatically reassigned to the Report when are closed.

Why is this happening? Comparing her access privileges (roles and groups) to another user, they are identical.

Any thoughts?

Many thanks!

2 answers

0 votes
HailoAgilist October 20, 2013

Thanks Nic for your response. Could you advise on best practice as well? Is it common to re-assign the story to the reporter when it is flagged as closed? Thanks!

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 8, 2013

It's almost certainly a post-function on your workflow. Have a look at the "close" transition.

I've done this a few times, as some business processes can find it easier to report this way.

Thanks Nic for your response. Could you advise on best practice as well? Is it common to re-assign the story to the reporter when it is flagged as closed? Thanks!

Thanks, Nic. Very helpful.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 20, 2013

I think this is one that falls outside general "best practice" guidelines. It works for some people. It doesn't work for other people. It's not amazingly common, but I've seen it done in several places. Oddly, one place did it in one support project and not the other, and both teams had valid business reasons for their approach.

It depends on what you want to do with issues once they're closed off in reporting terms. Personally, I would not do it by default, I would wait until the users ask for something that needs it. Might be worth checking with your users to see if they still need it, or at least so you know why it was set up.

Suggest an answer