Ticketing system and manual task time tracking for jira

sahil89 April 12, 2014

Can anybody please suggest ticketing system and manual task tracking plugins for JIRA?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2014

Jira IS a ticketing system, and a manual task tracker, and several other things because it's an issue tracker.

I think you need to explain your requirements better.

sahil89 April 12, 2014

I am new to JIRA and my task was limited to setup but my client asked me for these two features. His requirements in his words as follow

• Manual Task tracker: I want task tracking system where I can see who is working on which task. My team will log their time manually by selecting on which task they are working.
  • Ticketing System: In ticketing system, I want my customer be able to send tickets via emails.
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 12, 2014

Jira has a general rule that the "assignee" is "the person currently working on this issue" (I say general rule because you don't *have* to use it that way, but it is a good way to work)

To log time, they use, um, log time.

Ticketing system - that's not quite what a ticketing system is, but you can easily set up jira to "create or comment" via email.

In short, you don't need plugins or fuss, just to read the configuration docs. (Although, I'd be tempted to reach for the JEMH plugin if the incoming mail handlers can't do waht you think you want them to)

sahil89 April 13, 2014

Ya I thought same about task tracking, thanks.

Suggest an answer