Ticket sorting in swimlane

AccsoAdmin May 27, 2022

I would like to sort all of my tasks in a swimlane, so that it is dependent on processing time.

We have in our board a field "Processing time" with values: "1-2 days" and "3-5 days", and "By Arrangement". We have three swimlanes: "Standard", "By Arrangement" and "Expired".

If a ticket was created two days ago and it has the processing time value 1-2 days, it goes to "Expired". If there is a weekend between, the weekend is not calculated. Exact the same thing is with processing time 3-5 days. All other tickets are in the swimlane are either in "Standard" or "By Arrangement" depending on its processing time parameter.

I achieved it with the following JQL query:

status in
(Open, "In Progress", Reopened)
AND
(
(cf[10900] = "3-5 working days" AND ((created <= -5d AND created > startofWeek(-1d)) OR (created <= -7d AND created < startofWeek(-1d))))
OR
(cf[10900] = "1-2 working days" AND ((created <= -2d AND created > startofWeek(-1d)) OR (created <= -4d AND created < startofWeek(-1d))))
)

And it works as intended. Now I'd like that the tickets in the swimlane are sorted based on when they expire, so the first ticket to expire is displayed at the top.

The point ist, I'm not even able to achieve to sort the tickets in this swimlane in any way. My filter for "Standard" swimlane looks like this:

ProcessingTime = "By Arrangement"

If I configure the swimlane and write

ProcessingTime = "By Arrangement" ORDER BY creator ASC

tickets are not sorted as intended. Even if I change "creator" to any other parameter, tickets are still sorted by their created date.

1 answer

0 votes
Aron Gombas _Midori_
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 27, 2022

Simply put, I don't think you have the ability to sort within the swimlane using the JQL. This feature is just not existing. 

(I like the way you're categorizing your cards to swimlanes though.)

As a workaround, maybe you could create a 3 saved filters with the JQL you're using plus an ORDER BY clause. I mean a separate saved filter for each swimlane. Then, besides powering the swimlanes with these saved filters, you could set up a dashboard with 3 Filter Results gadgets and use the 3 saved filters as input. Those gadgets obey the ordering.

If you set up a 3-column layout for dashboard, it will look like a rotated-by-90-degs version of the board. :-)

Suggest an answer