Create
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

Ticket is done on board but not in report

Edited

In our board we have 8 columns to manage progress. We move tickets to next column as we go. The columns at the end are considered Done from developers perspective and we want the Sprint report to reflect this. 

In this example we have a ticket ready for production . This state is in category Done. But the ticket is listed under Not Completed and our Burn Down is not telling the truth
Don but not done.PNG 
What can we do to tell Jira Sprint Report that a certain status is considered Done?

3 answers

2 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

An issue is only done when it is in the last column of the board.  You need to put all the status you consider to be done in the last column.

Hello, @Nic Brough _Adaptavist_ Thanks for your time.

"An issue is only done when it is in the last column of the board"
But we have managed to set the resolution to Done when moving the tickets to the columns considered done. I find this behaviour not logic.  Resolution.PNG

Jack Brickey Community Leader Nov 30, 2021

But they must be in last column as Nic stated.

Most of us try to build workflows such that the resolution is set when an issue is done, but that is not what Jira boards look at to determine if an issue is done.  To a board, the last column is done, nothing else.

(Plain Jira Core and Service Desk both consider "resolution having any value" to mean the issue is closed and needs no more attention, but the boards look at the last column)

0 votes
Answer accepted

Hello @Sindre Hauglum ,

Can you please post a pic, how your current board columns are configured.

It will helps more to analyze the issue.

Thanks,

Kagithala Babu Anvesh

Hello @KAGITHALA BABU ANVESH !
This is a multi project board. And I notice that Simplified Work Flow is not in use. I do not know if that is related to this issue.SettingsColumns.PNG 

Hello @Sindre Hauglum ,

Please place the "ready for production" under the right most column "Done".

once this done, you will be able to see this in burndown charts

Jack Brickey Community Leader Nov 30, 2021

Place all green done statuses in right most column.

Like Sindre Hauglum likes this
0 votes

Hi @Sindre Hauglum ,

is the field Resolution populated for this ticket?

Let me know,

Fabio

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
PREMIUM
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you