Ticket creation via Email

Neeta Dubey February 3, 2015

I' have associated an email id so we could automate ticket creation via email however i have made a date field mandatory for creating any ticket so I'm able to create ticket via portal however for email it has stopped working.

If i remove that mandatory field ticket creation over email works fine.

4 answers

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 4, 2015

I would suggest you move the required field to your field configuration. Make it mandatory there and remove the validation on workflow, if possible.

Creating ticket via email does have an issue when facing workflow validators but will create ticket if the requirement comes from Field Configuration (it will leave the field empty).

0 votes
Neeta Dubey February 3, 2015

Thanks Peter and Vish for looking into my query. The mandatory field is setup in Workflow. I don't have specific field configuration for this project.

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 3, 2015

Neeta, is the mandatory field set on Field Configuration or Workflow?

0 votes
Vish Venugopalakrishnan February 3, 2015

I have some experience in creating JIRA tickets over email (but from a long time ago). I believe a lot of "in the weeds" work might be required if you want to retain that mandatory date field. So my advice is to keep that field optional and move on.

Suggest an answer