Ticket creation in Jira service desk through mail based on certain specified keywords

ANKITA BARBI October 21, 2016

I want to create the tickets in JIRA service desk through email based on certain keywords of the mail content.

As of today I am getting multiple mails in the mail id and i want to filter some mails to create the ticket in JIRA service desk based on keywords used in subject. So how do I map the keywords from service desk to email id. Today if my keyword is  "[jira]" it creates the ticket in service desk. I want to change this keyword. So please help me out in doing this.

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 22, 2016
0 votes
ANKITA BARBI October 25, 2016

Hi,

its not the duplicate. My query is I want to filter some mails based on keywords specified by me in Jira. So is it possible to specify those keywords in Jira;s end.   It can be done on mail box end but my query is about setting the keywords in Jira's end.

Your response will be highly appreciated.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
October 25, 2016

It was a duplicate when I answered, the text was almost identical.

The Service Desk mail handler does not have functions to do that

Suggest an answer