Ticket approvals

Hi

We are new to jira, and have a few questions

If we have tickets that require approval in support desk, does the approver and the creator of the ticket both see the updates on the ticket as it goes through the workflow or is it just the creator that will see the updates?

Also we are looking at creating linked issues between support desk and JIRA software, is there away of keeping the tickets between the two in sync, so when the work is complete in JIRA software it will move the flow to the next stage in support desk?

Thank you for your help

1 answer

This widget could not be displayed.
Jack Brickey Community Champion Feb 02, 2017

By default the approved doesn't see all of the updates but only are notified when they are to approve. If you want you can add them to the watch list and they will see all updates.

Regarding linked issues, you can achieve this via the built in Automation, e.g. When JSW linked issue is resolved the JSD ticket is also transitioned.

Suggest an answer

Atlassian Summit 2018

Meet the community IRL

Atlassian Summit is an excellent opportunity for in-person support, training, and networking.

Learn more
Community showcase
Posted Wednesday in New to Jira

Are you planning to trial, or are currently trialling Jira Software? - We want to talk to you!

Hello! I'm Rayen, a product manager at Atlassian. My team and I are working hard to improve the trial experience for Jira Software Cloud. We are interested in   talking to 20 people planning t...

97 views 1 0
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you