Ticket Resolved, Then ReOpened, Now Doesn't Show On Board

Jared Williams May 2, 2017

I had a story assigned to a developer in which it was marked "Done", then was released.  We then ended up reopening the ticket as it needed more work.  Eventhough it's reopened, it does not show on our board now under the developer it's assigned to.  

I suspect it's because it's marked "resolved", so I marked it "unresolved".  That did not work, it still doesn't show on the board.  Do I need to remove the "Fix Version" or something else?  Thank you

2 answers

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 2, 2017

If it is a Kanban board, check the sub filter on the board. It might be filtering out issues with a fixVersion. If that is case, remove the fixVersion on the issue.

Thanks Jobin, I found the sub-filter, that was the problem!  I see that there is a line through the ticket number, is there a way to remove that?  doesn't impede working on it, but just wondering.  thanks

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2017

If the ticket has a line through it I believe it is resolved. How did you mark it as unresolved?  You need to CLEAR the field, you can't have a resolution of 'unresolved' 

Jared Williams May 4, 2017

Under screen configuration, I can select to add "Resolution" as a field.  It is showing as "unresolved" in the ticket on my board but there is a line through the number.  I'm guessing the line through it is because there is still a "fixversion" applied since it was once fixed.  I think the way to correct this is from best practice of not reopening a ticket once it's been resolved, just to create a new one? 

Joe Pitt
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 4, 2017

It sounds like someone added Unresolved. However, the true unresolved is actually NULL in the database. The out of the box reopen workflow clears the resolution in a post function. If the line is through it is resolved as far as JIRA in concerned. 

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 4, 2017

Yes, it is a mistake I have seen many times. Someone creating a resolution named 'Unresolved' and adding it as resolution. As far as JIRA is concerned, any resolution makes it 'Resolved'. Leave it empty to make it 'Unresolved'.

0 votes
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2017
Ash
Rising Star
Rising Star
May 2, 2017

sorry wrong window, i dont have option to delete it.

thank you i will check this out

Suggest an answer