Through JIRA Workflow can you have a new issue created when a workflow transition happens?

chris taylor July 22, 2012

I have test cases in JIRA and I have a workflow status to PASS/FAIL them. When a user clicks fail, I would like them to automatically be taken to a defect screen so a defect can be created and possibly linked bac to the test case.

Is this possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 22, 2012

There is no way to do this in JIRA onDemand instance.

chris taylor July 23, 2012

Are you a 100% sure of this? Is there a way to easily do it in the On Premise version?

Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 23, 2012

Are you a 100% sure of this?

Yes, but I have been proved wrong before ;)

Even in the on-premise version, I haven't seen any plugins that does this (redirection). You should be able to capture the summary and description in the transition screen for the bug and then use some post functions (scripted or custom written) to create a defect using those fields.

Other option maybe to handle this byt modifying JIRA source although I don't recommend it.

chris taylor July 23, 2012

So is there away in a transition to open up a create defect tab ina new window , with on demand?

Rising Star
Rising Star
July 23, 2012

Nope. nothing that I am aware.

Suggest an answer