Three colored circles in Jira Agile Planning Mode

Chris Luscombe April 26, 2014

My team is just starting to use Jira Agile. When in planning there are three circles (blue, yellow, green) in the upper right corner. When in work mode I also see a grayed out circle at the bottom on each ticket.

What are these cirles for and how do I use them? For the life of me I cant seem to figure this out. Thanks!

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 26, 2014

They're counting the current progress of issues - a Scrum board broadly falls into "backlog" (blue), "in progress" (yellow) and "done" (green). If you're using Story Points, then the circles will contain the number of story points in those status.

Chris Luscombe April 27, 2014
Since I am not using story points (yet) does that explain why all my issue circles are gray in planning and work mode?
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 27, 2014

I'm not 100% sure, but that does sound right to me. I'll dig out a recent Jira/Agile tomorrow and check, but I think you're on the right track.

0 votes
Deleted user April 11, 2019

I have the same doubt!

0 votes
Jimena Rossello February 19, 2016

Hi! Do you guys know how can I 'activate' those circles? Although I have some done cards, all the points in the current sprint appear to be yellow like 'In progress'.

Any advice? Thanks!

Suggest an answer