Three colored circles in Jira Agile Planning Mode

My team is just starting to use Jira Agile. When in planning there are three circles (blue, yellow, green) in the upper right corner. When in work mode I also see a grayed out circle at the bottom on each ticket.

What are these cirles for and how do I use them? For the life of me I cant seem to figure this out. Thanks!

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Accepted answer

They're counting the current progress of issues - a Scrum board broadly falls into "backlog" (blue), "in progress" (yellow) and "done" (green). If you're using Story Points, then the circles will contain the number of story points in those status.

Since I am not using story points (yet) does that explain why all my issue circles are gray in planning and work mode?

I'm not 100% sure, but that does sound right to me. I'll dig out a recent Jira/Agile tomorrow and check, but I think you're on the right track.

Hi! Do you guys know how can I 'activate' those circles? Although I have some done cards, all the points in the current sprint appear to be yellow like 'In progress'.

Any advice? Thanks!

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Published Nov 27, 2018 in Portfolio for Jira

Introducing a new planning experience in Portfolio for Jira (Server/DC)

In the past, Portfolio for Jira required a high degree of detail–foresight that was unrealistic for many businesses to   have–in   order to produce a reliable long-term roadmap. We're tur...

2,447 views 15 19
Read article

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you