Thoughts on why cascadeOption(parentOption,childOption) might not be working correctly?

Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 15, 2019

I created a Select List (Cascading) custom field, after populating the parent and child options, I selected a parent and child option in an issue. Then in issue navigator I was trying to find the issue using "custom_field in cascadeOption(parentOption,childOption)" but it did not find the issue. However when I search for "custom_field in cascadeOption(none)" it finds it, wouldn't that mean that the system thinks the field has no selections?

I found a few older similar questions and tried some of the troubleshooting they suggested, make sure all parent options have child options or make sure that there are no duplicate sets. Anyone else knows what else could be wrong here?

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Dharma Ramos
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
November 19, 2019

A full reindex resolved this.

Suggest an answer