Though it appears there is no limit to the number of linked issues one can have in Jira, does this cause any type of performance problem for users?

Chris Volker April 27, 2015

We have a user project where linking may connect to 1500 issues in his project based on a Sprint they are creating.  Thanks for any comments!

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
David Di Blasio
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 29, 2015

I can't say that I've seen that many issue links set against a single issue before, however, I think the impact would be limited to a slight performance hit when loading issues that contain many links. 

0 votes
Chris Volker April 27, 2015

Hi Gabrielle, the user apparently wants to link all of the issues under a given sprint. We did not have a problem exporting, then importing the linked issues (copying the issue numbers to the linked issue box) but we are concerned that this activity may impact performance. I'm still looking into the reasoning behind this. If there is a performance issue, I may be able to give them an alternative to this request.

0 votes
GabrielleJ
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
April 27, 2015

Not an answer but a question, what is the need to link 1 issue to around 1500 issues?

Suggest an answer