This can be overridden by adding system property

Guillaume_Belanger April 3, 2014

Hi, after à upgrade my dev server to the last version, i cannot access to Jira. I have un license key expired message. So i copy my license key put in the box, write my admin username and password. After i clic on proceed i have this message. "User does not have administration permission. It is possible that the version you have upgraded from does not have recognized administrators. This can be overridden by adding system property '-Dnon.admin.upgrade=true' when starting JIRA." I don't know what to do. Thanks

3 answers

1 accepted

3 votes
Answer accepted
petry
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
April 25, 2014

Hey Guillaume,

You need to add that to your startup parameters:

-Dnon.admin.upgrade=true'

Depending on your OS that's done in various ways, you can get details here:

- https://confluence.atlassian.com/display/JIRA/Setting+Properties+and+Options+on+Startup

Hope it helps.

Andre

0 votes
Diego Zarpelon
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
November 27, 2014

Hello.

To find where your setenv.sh is under Linux you can run the following command:

• sudo find / -iname setenv.sh

After that you can navigate to the folder containing it and edit the file using the following command:

• vim setenv.sh

Hope this helps.

0 votes
Wajahat Qureshi November 16, 2014

Hi Andre,

I am having the same issue.  Could you please advise how to open setenv.sh (in Linux)? I have been unable to locate this file anywhere. If I need to create this file, how do I create it? I am referring to the exact command that I need to run in the shell to create/open and modify the setenv.sh file.

Thanks,

Wajahat

Suggest an answer