There's any option to limit view of an issue?

Claudio Di Priamo March 4, 2013

Basically I need to limit some issues and not the entire project, to a few users. It's possible?

1 answer

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 4, 2013
Claudio Di Priamo March 5, 2013

but this limit all the issues inside a project, i'm right? i'm looking for some option to just limit the issue when I create it.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
March 5, 2013

This is to limit the visibility on an issue. You set the security level when you create/edit an issue.

You cannot override the project permissions though. That means you will have to open the project to all (say X & Y) and then limit the issue to selected users (only X or Y)

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 5, 2013

Think of it in layers. The first is the "permission scheme", which is at project level. If that blocks them from the project, then that's it, they see nothing more. Issue security is irrelevant because they can't get past the first layer. Then, there's a second layer, of "issue level security" which is based on an attribute on the issues. That's checked for each issue they might try to look at in the project to see if they are allowed to.

You set project security at the project level as a one-off. Issue level security is done by a field on each issue which you can have on the issue create screens.

Claudio Di Priamo March 6, 2013

I'm testing if these options are compatible with the request of the project, and then I will let you know. Thanks for the help.

Suggest an answer