There is no time tracking in my next-gen project. Why?

spryce December 20, 2019

The settings option tells me that time tracking is enabled by default in NextGen projects but it's not anywhere to be found.

I have added the TimeTracking context field to the issues config.

Am I missing something? The interwebs tells me this feature should be available now.

2 answers

0 votes
spryce December 20, 2019

Thanks Jack. But I still can't seem to find it in mine anywhere... 

spryce December 20, 2019

no-time-tracking.png

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 23, 2019

You can try to install any time tracking app from Marketplace, e.g. Clockwork Free provided by my team.

Clockwork should give you the time reporting capabilities you need. Time is saved to Jira's worklog so you can use Jira or Clockwork built-in reports or any other tool to see the time logged. 

Cheers,
Jack

spryce December 25, 2019

Thanks @Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_ but to be honest I am trialling Jira as an alternative for my team. I'm having concerns if this base functionality is buggy? 

Jack Hunter _HeroCoders_
Marketplace Partner
Marketplace Partners provide apps and integrations available on the Atlassian Marketplace that extend the power of Atlassian products.
December 26, 2019

Hi @spryce,

Try classic projects in that case. Next-gen looks like a huge experiment for me and it lacks lots of things.  

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 27, 2019

@spryce, if you are not seeing time tracking I would recommend reaching out to Atlassian Support. It is possible that your instance has not be upgraded to a version that includes this feature. However, I would expect all cloud instances to have the feature by now.

0 votes
Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 20, 2019

So I checked my test NG project and it is there. Here is an image

4EFD8EA1-05A9-4D7F-8F8D-DF88D2D93416.jpeg

spryce December 20, 2019

no-time-tracking.png

Thanks Jack. But I still can't seem to find it in mine anywhere... Any ideas?

spryce December 20, 2019

I also created a second project to test and found the same issue:

context-options.png

spryce December 20, 2019

no-time-tracking-2.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 26, 2019

It may be that your instance hasn’t been upgraded. I would recommend reaching out to Atlassian Support directly so they can log into your instance and check things out.

spryce December 27, 2019

Thanks @Jack Brickey . I just followed that link to raise a support request and I think the contact form is also buggy?

After selecting the options there is no way to actually raise a ticket. Only a link back to the community pages. Surely I am missing something? I am currently logged in, although I expect that shouldn't matter.

contact-form-bug.png

Jack Brickey
Community Leader
Community Leader
December 27, 2019

Ah that means that either you are on a starter license or you are not listed as the technical contact for your instance.

spryce December 28, 2019

I just checked. I am on the Standard plan which is listed as coming with 9-5 standard support and I am the org and site admin. I created the account.

Can you get someone's attention via a mention? 

Suggest an answer