There is a typo in this User Stories Screen - where do I find it in order to edit it?

Robert Edyvean May 25, 2021

MicrosoftTeams-image.png

3 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

That looks like text that a person has entered into a field.  You can just edit the issue in order to fix it.

(I can't actually see a typo in it though)

It's the spelling of "Criteria" which is wrong - and it looks like a dynamically generated section header or something. It may be an Issue Attribute or something but I can't find it

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 25, 2021

Ah, I was looking at the body of the field, not the name.

"Acceptance critera" is a custom field, which your admins have added to your system.  Custom field names are determined by the person who adds them, and they can be renamed by admins, so I'd ask your admins to correct the name.

Thanks. Yes, I can see it now as a "Previously Created Field" - is there a way to globally edit its spelling or can that only be done from individual screens schemes?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

Field names are global, go to admin -> issues -> custom fields, find it and belt "edit" to rename it.

(I am an admin BTW)

Thanks - it doesn't seem to be in there though! 

See screenshot above

see

againcustom.png

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
May 25, 2021

Sorry, I'd assumed you were in a company-managed project.  I think you are in a team-managed project, where the fields are localised.  Go to the project the field appears in and go to the project settings and look at the fields, you'll find the misspelling in there

0 votes

see above

screenshocustom.png

Thanks. I went to the "Story" Issue Type and edited the Description Field from there. Whether that causes it to pipe through to the original screen I don't know. Thanks for your help!

The "Acceptance Criteria" Description field that is

0 votes

Thanks. Yes, I can see it now as a "Previously Created Field" - is there a way to globally edit its spelling or can that only be done from individual screens schemes?

Suggest an answer