There are no search templates for Similar Issue custom field type.which I added as per Suggestimate for JIRA plugun.can you provide it .

sandeep patel March 3, 2016

1 answer

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

That's because it's not really a searchable field.  It's there to try to help people not duplicate existing issues and hence contains a lot of data that's already the result of a search.

What are you trying to search for here?

sandeep patel March 3, 2016

How to make it searchable. I need to write a JQl to automate task of closing newly created duplicate issues.This automation I am trying to achieve by Automation plugin.

So can you please let me know how to make it searchable. It is urgent.

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
March 3, 2016

That's not what the field is for - it's already the results of a search.  So to achieve your automation, you should actually be searching the original data.

But to answer the other part, you can't make it searchable, that needs code in the add-on.  You'll need to raise that with the vendor.

Suggest an answer