There are a few questions before buying.

윤정용 August 3, 2015

Hi. I’m jung yong Yoon.

I’m working game company as known as Webzen.

Our company is using old Jira version now. (Enterprise Edition, Version: 3.13.2)

So, we want to buy new Jira license as soon as possible.

We want to buy 500 users host Jira license.

There are a few questions before buying.

1.     If we buy 500 users license. Are we pay for $500 once or pay for $500 each month?

2.     We have old Jira database: old issues and many users’ histories.

So, I’m wondering this is possible old database can transfer to the new version. And, If can possible transfer old database, are we provided technical advice or support from your company?

3.     We already had old Jira. So, do we install new version or upgrade new version?

1 answer

2 votes
Jonas Andersson
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 3, 2015
  1. Hosted (cloud) JIRA 500 users is $500 a month.
  2. You will need to export your current JIRA to XML, but i am not sure if it will allow you to import such an old JIRA version to their latest and greatest cloud version. I am guessing not. A workaround might be to set up your old JIRA with the new cloud version in what is called a federated setup. This MIGHT allow you to transfer tickets to the new instance but i am not sure. Contact support.atlassian.com for a better answer.
  3. If you are talking about a standalone JIRA (which is $12000 a year for 500-users) you will have to step-stone upgrade a few times past key version. Check out the release notes for each version above 3.13.2 for more information.

Suggest an answer