The trial install not accepting the license for Jira

Neelam March 12, 2019

Hi,

We have installed the JIRA starter trail version in our server. We have recently bought the starter license, but when I try to paste the license code, I get the following message.

The license could not be installed.

This license is not for the selected product. Please make sure that the license is for the selected product and contact Support if the issue continues.

5 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Neelam March 12, 2019

Hi, I was able to put the license key. I was trying to use paste button earlier when the the application kept throwing the error. This time I edited the existing license and it updated.

Thanks for you support.

Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2019

Neelam,

Happy to hear you were able to resolve it!

Take care,

Shannon

1 vote
Geetha March 18, 2019

Thanks a lot Neelam. This works!! and saved my day :)

0 votes
z hashemi September 11, 2021

Hi,

We have installed the JIRA starter trail version in our server. We have recently bought the starter license, but when I try to paste the license code, I get the following message.

The license could not be installed.

This license is not for the selected product. Please make sure that the license is for the selected product and contact Support if the issue continues

0 votes
Neelam March 12, 2019

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. Jira version is "Jira Software 7.13.1" 

We started with the trial version and on 28th day we boought the license from my.atlassian.com for starter pack - 10 users. I'm trying to paste the license from the "my.atlassian.com" but I get the error stated above. I have put a support ticket but asked to add a question here instead. 

0 votes
Shannon S
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
March 12, 2019

Neelam,

What version of Jira do you have installed? Is it the most up-to-date?

I would recommend having a look at my.atlassian.com and making sure you're using the same license key from there.

If you still have trouble, raise a ticket under Licensing Issues from support.atlassian.com and we can have a look.

Regards,

Shannon

Suggest an answer