The system shows me a wrong user are logged on

Rafael Avila April 7, 2014

Hello together,

we faced the problem that if I login all of my functions are working like they should but there are the wrong user displayed in the right corner.

We faced that issue a lot of times it would be wonderful, if you could help me to resolve that issue.

thanks in advance

Best regards

Nico

3 answers

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 8, 2014

Erm, that's quite a set of not-very-useful answers. We've ruled out the browser cache being damaged, which is good, but there's not much we can do with the rest of the answers.

>>if you start moving through Jira, does the incorrect name persist?

>>- I never do that.

So, you don't actually USE Jira at all? Then there's no problem, because you're not using Jira.

>>And does it change if you log out and log straight back in?

>>- Yes, as long as I left Jira from the “search” site.

What does that mean? What search site? What happens if you just open a browser, go to Jira, get the wrong name, log out and then log back in again.

And, of course, if you don't try it with another browser, we can't rule out the browser being silly. Quite common if you're using IE, but we don't know.

0 votes

Sorry for the delay. I needed to ask one of our operators, they showed me the problem with the username.

The answer from the operator who faced the problem:

Ok, so, it's behaving correctly, except that where you should see your name, you're seeing someone elses, and it's apparently picking that name randomly.

- Yes.

One last set of questions though - if you start moving through Jira, does the incorrect name persist?

- I never do that.

And does it change if you log out and log straight back in?

- Yes, as long as I left Jira from the “search” site.

And again if you log out, shut the browser, clear the cache, start the browser and log in?

- Still the same.

And, finally, can you check with another browser?

- I cannot say as I did not test it back then.

Thanks in advance

best regards

Nico

0 votes
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
April 7, 2014

I've seen this happen in older versions of Jira when people were sharing computers, and when people have the same account in different user directories. The main time I remember it was down to an apache being badly configured and it was picking up the wrong sessions from shared computers.

You're going to need to do a bit more debugging I'm afraid. Is it always the same wrong user you end up as? Does it genuinely log your changes under the wrong user account too? What's the user authentication system you're using? What version of Jira? Do you have any SSO? Are you sharing computers or accounts?

What version of Jira?

We're using the Jira version 6.1.2.

Is it always the same wrong user you end up as?
No, it isn't always the same user. That appears in the right corner.

Does it genuinely log your changes under the wrong user account too?

No, the entrys will be placed with the right user.

What's the user authentication system you're using?

For the user authentification we are using the internal Jira Userdirectory.

Are you sharing computers or accounts?

We only share the workstations (if somebody is on vacation or something like that) not the user accounts. each user have his own user account in Jira.

thanks in advance

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
April 7, 2014

Ok, so, it's behaving correctly, except that where you should see your name, you're seeing someone elses, and it's apparently picking that name randomly.

Most of the rest of your answers rule out a lot of what I've seen before. One last set of questions though - if you start moving through Jira, does the incorrect name persist? And does it change if you log out and log straight back in? And again if you log out, shut the browser, clear the cache, start the browser and log in? And, finally, can you check with another browser?

Suggest an answer