The security token is missing for 'anonymous'

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

Hello,

I'm trying to connect to JIRA via bash script for starting Re-Index, but JIRA answered that:

"

2013-08-19 04:36:31,443 http-bio-8080-exec-19 INFO anonymous 276x8136x1 - 127.0.0.1,127.0.0.1 /secure/admin/IndexAdmin.jspa [jira.web.action.XsrfErrorAction] The security token is missing for 'anonymous'. User-Agent : 'curl/7.15.5 (x86_64-redhat-linux-gnu) libcurl/7.15.5 OpenSSL/0.9.8b zlib/1.2.3 libidn/0.6.5'

"

What it means?

Thanks,

Denys.

1 answer

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
August 18, 2013

I means that someone is trying to connecto to JIRA without proper authentication using cURL and failed. Does not mean much.

Denys Kovalenko
Rising Star
Rising Star
August 20, 2013

For this script i'm using jira user with jira-administrators permissions.

Moinul Rony April 2, 2014

Hi Denys,

I am also trying to figure a way to re-index from a bash script. Did you get lucky by any means.. I am also getting the same exact error you are having..

"The security token is missing for 'admin'"

Suggest an answer