The "preview ticket" button & markdown support is not working on one of the Jira setups I'm using

Tudor Brad November 30, 2017

Take a look at the below screenshot. I don't have ticket preview, and also there's no markdown support. I've searched on Google and in the Atlassian Community but I haven't got an answer.

How could I re-enable this? I did set up on a new Jira project trial and these are enabled by default. How could I re-enable these for this project?

Screen Shot 2017-11-30 at 20.22.42.png

2 answers

1 accepted

1 vote
Answer accepted
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 1, 2017

Sounds like this field is not using the wiki style renderer but instead is just using the default text renderer.   These are controlled in the Field Configuration in use by this project.   I find the better way to find this is to go to the project itself in question, then go the administration page for that project.  From there under the left navigation menu there is a link for "Fields".  By clicking this you will be taken to the specific field configuration associated with this project.

Alternatively you can go to the System Gear icon in the top right corner of the screen, then select Issues.   From that page click the "Field Configurations" link.  This shows all the field configurations in use, but you would need to know which field config is in use here to be helpful.

Once in the field config, you can scroll down to the Description field.   Then click the Renders link in order to change this field from Default Text to Wiki Style Renderer.

It is possible that Jira might problem you to reindex after making a change like this.  Also it is possible that if this field config is shared with other projects a change like this could effect those projects description fields in the same way.

Cheers,
Andy

Tudor Brad December 2, 2017

Thanks Andy, I'll check it out and let you know!

0 votes
Tudor Brad December 6, 2017

That worked, @Andy Heinzer thanks!

Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
December 6, 2017

yay, glad to hear it!

Suggest an answer