The provided resolution for disabling AutoComplete for JIRA login fields didn't work out

Pooja Singh November 7, 2016

Hello,

I have tried the resolution for turning off the Autocomplete for JIRA7x mentioned in the knowledge base https://confluence.atlassian.com/jirakb/how-to-disable-autocomplete-for-jira-login-fields-765399841.html

The "Login Form" setting doesn't give any error. But "Login Gadget" setting results in JIRA to go down. Please suggest an appropriate measures to avoid the same  

Thanks,

Pooja

1 answer

0 votes
Erik Husby March 28, 2017

I too need to modify the JIRA Login field for autocomplete. Followed the instructions on the above mentioned page but they do not work. When I examine the HTML for the login page, I see that no changes to includes/loginform.jsp have any affect. In addition to adding the autocomplete=false, I modified the style setting just to see what would happen. But there is no change in the HTML that the browser receives.

Is the loginform.jsp cached somewhere?

Adam Conde September 15, 2017

Did you get this figured out?  I'm also having this issue.

Walid Djama January 9, 2018

Hello, 

the autocomplete input need to be set to "off" not "false".

but still, i had the same problem, i solved it by adding a JS code in the announcement banner to add attribute autocomplete="off". here is my code : 

AJS.$(window).load(function(){
$('#login-form-username').prop('autocomplete', 'off');
$('#login-form-password').prop('autocomplete', 'off');
});

Sourabh Rai July 29, 2020

Hi, 

I did the same but JS code is not working for me. Is there any other setting which need to be changed.

Suggest an answer