• Give kudos
  • Received
  • Given

Leaderboard

• Global

Trophy case

Kudos (beta program)

Kudos logo

You've been invited into the Kudos (beta program) private group. Chat with others in the program, or give feedback to Atlassian.

View group

It's not the same without you

Join the community to find out what other Atlassian users are discussing, debating and creating.

Atlassian Community Hero Image Collage

The problem when working in JIRA on large Resolution monitors. How to resize work area in Issues. Edited

Lahodyuk I'm New Here Nov 20, 2020

All tasks in Jira I Open with browther Google Chrome 86.0.4240.198 (x64).

Example task in my work project https://owu.atlassian.net/browse/COO-17

Before I work in monitor with resolution 1920*1080 and all Issues task loks good. ScreenScreenshot_19.pngBut now I use monitor 24 diagonal with resolution 2560*1440. Work area inclusive more <blank> or white empty fields. Work area in my Issues test case I used only with a Scroll or Spin Controls (scale 100%). This is very inconvenient.

• Resolution on site JIRA does not support large resolution monitor?
  • JIRA does not have the ability to change the size of the work area?

photo_2020-11-20_14-11-24.jpgphoto_2020-11-20_14-06-06.jpgphoto_2020-11-20_14-10-11.jpg

I have a similar problem on Asus laptop with a 15.6-inch monitor and 4k screen resolution.

HOW I can change the size of the work area?

NOut 1.jpg

photo_2020-11-20_14-21-26.jpg

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer Atlassian Team Nov 23, 2020

Hi,

Thanks for taking the time to report this problem and provide so many helpful screenshots that highlight the problem.  We are aware that Jira Cloud has a lot of extra spacing on very high resolution displays.  There is a ticket where we are tracking this over in JRACLOUD-67884.

Unfortunately, at this time we don't really have an official solution for this problem.  I would recommend watching that ticket for updates.  Should there be an update or a work-around to this that ticket will be updated to reflect this.  In the meantime, other users on that ticket have commented other means to adjust the page layout using browser extensions, such as this comment.  While these are not officially supported, it still might be useful for to you for the time being.

Andy

Suggest an answer

DEPLOYMENT TYPE
CLOUD
PRODUCT PLAN
FREE
TAGS

Community Events

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find an event

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Unfortunately there are no Community Events near you at the moment.

Host an event

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local event. Learn more about Community Events

Events near you