The operator '=' is not supported by the (advanced) Custom field

Vedant Kulkarni December 1, 2017

I have created Select Custom custom field by programmatically and added default text searcher but the operator '=' is not working.

2 answers

2 accepted

4 votes
Answer accepted
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
December 1, 2017

Text searcher won't support = operator. Use the Contains (~) operator instead.

ok, I will try.

Thanks, @Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]

1 vote
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

Text search does not support the = operator.   It's also the wrong searcher to use for a select list type field.

You could try an "exact text searcher" instead if your field really is text - there are a couple of add-ons that provide one of those.  Or s a select list searcher if it's really a list of options.

Ok, I will try this. Thanks.

I have another question is that which searcher can be used for Select list and multi-select list?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 1, 2017

The select searcher.

OK, I will try this also.

Thanks, Nic.

Suggest an answer