The issue you are trying to view does not exist.

Nicolas Nicolas May 25, 2014

Hello,

We recently upgraded from JIRA4.4 to JIRA6.1.5 and we have an issue when we are trying to view the overview page of some projects.

I have the error message : "The issue you are trying to view does not exist".

And there is no error or warning message logged in the atlassian-jira.log....

I tried to disable all the user installed plugins : nothing changed.

Integrity checker all passed.

Indexing OK.

Do you have any idea about what could be wrong ?

5 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted

Ok I found out what was wrong...

We had a few projects where the project key contained a "-" like "ABC-DE", I removed the "-" and then everything worked!

0 votes

Yes I did ! This is what I meant by re-index OK, it was a complete not a background !

I also tried to remove all the issues from one of the projects that didn't work (deleting by bulk change) and it didn't change anything. I'm still unable to watch the overview page...

0 votes
Nico van Leeuwen May 25, 2014

Have you tried a complete re-index? Not a background one!

0 votes

Thank you for your answer !

I have all the permissions of the project with my account, and there are no security levels but it still doesn't work.

I can search all the issues of the project and even watch them, it's only when I try to view the overview page of the project that I get the error.

0 votes
Timothy
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 25, 2014

Permissions? Of course, the final way to confirm is to check if the issue exists in the database.

Suggest an answer