The id field

andy dreyfuss January 28, 2013

I'm trying to import data from jira issues from multiple projects (via the rest api). In doing so I would like to keep track of what I've just imported. My naive attempt at this was to order the results "id" desc and on each run select the smallest id then run a query for id less than that value. However, id is resolved to a ticket key before sorting so only tickets in the same project as that id are returned. Here's a simple repro for this issue:

1. Pick two issues from different projects, say PROJA-1 and PROJB-1
  2. Find their ids, say for these we have PROJA-1 has id 23000 and PROJB-1 has id 32000
  3. Try the jql: "key in (PROJA-1,PROJB-1)"
    • RESULT: Correctly returns both issues
  4. Try the jql: "key in (PROJA-1,PROJB-1) and id<=32000"
    • EXPECTED: Returns BOTH tickets since their ids are both less than this numerical value
    • ACTUAL: Returns ONLY PROJB-1 since the id is resolved to this key first.

3 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
andy dreyfuss February 12, 2013

Ok I'm working around this by iterating through the projects, but there does seem to be a difference in behavior here either between versions 5.0.7 -> 5.1.4 or between instances.

0 votes
andy dreyfuss February 2, 2013
Could the bahavior (schema perhaps) have changed between 5.0.7 and 5.1.4? A bug fix or ER fulfillment maybe?
0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

Works fine for me! Returns both the issues.

andy dreyfuss January 29, 2013

What version of Jira are you on please? I'm on v5.0.7#734-sha1:8ad78a6.

Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 29, 2013

tried on 5.1.4.

Suggest an answer