The function 'comment required' of validator is not working correctly

huang yujin September 11, 2017

Hi,
The version of my JIRA is (v6.3.6#6336-sha1:cf1622c) , i am suffering a dreadful problem of validator, firstly the function 'comment required validator' is not working correctly, after i checked the validator, i can not transit the status to next step no matter how many comment been added. secondly is the function 'filed has been modified validator' not working after i ticked off the item, i intend to limit the user behavior when they going to transit a status from open to resolved by filling with the field of 'fixed version'. but unfortunately it is not working.
i'd be obliged if anyone can help me about this problem.

1 answer

0 votes
Andy Heinzer
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
September 12, 2017

If I recall correctly, this validator is not  validating on whether or not the issue itself has a comment, but rather whether or not the transition itself is adding a comment to the issue at the time of the transition.

There is a KB that explains how to use this validator in How to configure comment field to be required in workflow transitions.  You will notice at the bottom of that KB there is a note that you need to create a screen for this transition and then make sure to include the comment field for this screen.   If you have not done that before, then I would recommend following the KB Mapping a Screen to a Workflow Transition to better understand how this will need to be configured.

Suggest an answer