The field was added successfully, but you do not have edit permissions.

Daniel Gara September 16, 2015

The field was added successfully, but you do not have edit permissions.

what does this mean? (I'm the site admin)

7 answers

0 votes
Naveen Joshi May 5, 2018

I am having the same issue, did anyone find a solution for this ?

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 5, 2018

Yes, they amended user so that they have the right permissions

Naveen Joshi May 5, 2018

but it is not working even after giving the right permissions.

Like klawrawkz likes this
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
May 7, 2018

Then you have not given the right permissions.We can't really tell you a lot more than that unless you give us the detail of what you are setting up and what you see when you try things.  The error message in the original question is solved by giving people the right permissions.

0 votes
coiram April 19, 2018

April 2018 and this issue hasn't been solved?

0 votes
Jerome Bleichenbacher August 7, 2017

I have exactly the same problem.

I think its not a permission-related issue because I'm using the default-project-config when I started my plugin by using "atlas-run". I also double-checked that I have Admin-permission on the project.

0 votes
Adam White July 27, 2017

Were you ever able to figure this out? 

Gaston Valente
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 27, 2017

Adam,

Maybe you're an administrator but you don't have the edit permission on that particular issue.

As an administrator you can add yourself to a group or role that has this permission.

Adam White July 27, 2017

I did have edit on everything. Turns out it was a Behavior script I was unaware of.

Melissa Carter August 4, 2017

I'm having this same problem. I'm the administrator and have edit permissions but have been wrestling with this add-on for a few hours now with no success. How did you resolve the behavior script, Adam?

Simon Bramwell January 17, 2018

Was this issue ever resolved? It's just happened to me as well.

Brock Jolet September 4, 2020

I'm getting this issue as a full admin to both the project and Jira instance. The custom field is just a standard Jira custom field.

0 votes
Ulrich Hobelmann [catworkx]
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
May 31, 2017

I got the same message, but the field did not show. It seems the message is wrong or misleading, as it had nothing to do with edit permissions.

The field was simply empty for the issue, so it didn't show, although it was on the right screen.

Unfortunately, in JIRA 7.3+ the "Where's my field?" seems to be missing, so there is no way to really find out why a field is not showing.

0 votes
Konrad Garus October 18, 2016

I'm getting the same message, being an administrator with all permissions. It happens when I add a field with "multiple versions" type, but not with others.

0 votes
Taha Khanzada
Rising Star
Rising Star
September 17, 2015

Hi Daniel,

I think you have added field through Admin helper right ?

Check if you have Edit Issue permission on that Project through Permission scheme.

Taha

Konrad Garus May 5, 2018

I believe this error can also indicate that the field is missing from the issue edit screen.

Suggest an answer