The email notifications are not received by watcher

KSKumar55 October 9, 2019

I started to watch an issue in my project but not receiving any notifications mails for the issue update and comments added to the issue. When I checked the notification scheme "all watchers" are added to receive mail notifications when there is an comment added and updated in the issue.

All the other team members are receiving the mail notifications who are watching the same issue. Sadly I am the admin of the project as well.

Don't know why I can't able to receive the email notification.

Regards,

Kumar

1 answer

0 votes
Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Hi,

Are You can receive mail from other project of jira server? I mean maybe Your email (provider, client) block all incoming emails from jira server? Ask your system administrator to send test email in your box.

B.R.

KSKumar55 October 9, 2019

The System admin as sent a test mail by using notification helper but still didn't receive any email.

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
October 9, 2019

Maybe SMTP server refused your email. Ask admin send test mail through  jira>administration>system>Outgoing Mail>send test email (set check box - write smtp log). If SMTP server refused your email administrator can catch it in log field.

B.R. 

KSKumar55 October 10, 2019

The admin has sent a test email but didn't receive any test mail.

But the log says the mail has been successfully sent to me

Below is the log:

----------------------------

Your test message has been sent successfully to ****.****@*****.com.   DEBUG: getProvider() returning javax.mail.Provider[TRANSPORT,smtp,com.sun.mail.smtp.SMTPTransport,Oracle]
DEBUG SMTP: useEhlo true, useAuth false
DEBUG SMTP: trying to connect to host "**.**.**.**", port 25, isSSL false
220 ************************************************************************************************************************************
DEBUG SMTP: connected to host "**.**.**.**", port: 25

Other user got the same test mail.

Donno where it's going wrong... Why its working other users not only me.

Andrew
Rising Star
Rising Star
October 10, 2019

Ok, looks like SMTP server accept your email.

Are you receive any others email? Check rules in your email client, maybe it decline email from jira server. Try off desktop client and use web client. 

If Your company used own mail server I recommend send request to support mail team.

B.R.

Suggest an answer