The default issue edit screen comes up despite having associated a custom edit screen with the edit operation?

mark July 1, 2016

The title is self-explanatory.

I create a custom screen with fields I want to populate upon editing the issue.

I associate that screen with the "edit" operation.

I open an issue and the issue opens in the default editing screen, not the aforementioned screen containing my custom fields ... : (

3 answers

0 votes
mark July 6, 2016

UPDATE: I'm able to edit an issue (just had to put myself in the Role that can Edit and then Edit became a menu option) so now the only remaining issue is being able to use the view form

0 votes
mark July 6, 2016

It appears when I click on the issue it brings it up in the viewing form (which is the incorrect viewing form from the one I set up but that's a later issue).

There doesn't seem to be a way to open the issue in any editing form much less the editing form I set up...?

So I'm thinking now the issue is ... how do I open an issue (manually is fine) in an Editing form (preferably the one I set up) instead of a viewing form (especially not this default one)

?

JIRA-viewingform-novalue.PNG

0 votes
Steven F Behnke
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 1, 2016

Please use the "Where's my field tool" to verify your fields are on the correct screen.

Suggest an answer