The connection has timed out in jira when associating Issue Security Scheme to a project.

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 10, 2014

Hi,

I'm trying to associate an Issue Security Scheme to project with 2000+ issues. I'm getting 'The connection has timed out' after sometime. Is there any possibility to increase jira's connection timeout period? If possible please suggest the file to change.

Thanks In Advance..

2 answers

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
January 11, 2015

Ignoring connection timed out message, the associating process continued internally and after sometime Issue Security Scheme has been set to project.

0 votes
Andre Lehmann
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

Hi Bharadwaj,

we had that "problem" too, but the process of assigning the security scheme will stay in the background until it has finished.

Is the security scheme assigned now?

Kind regards
André

PS: The connection-Timeout u mentioned is the apache/tomcat timeout which can be defined in the server.xml (tomcat) or the http.conf (or somewhere in the IIS if you use Microsoft)

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 10, 2014

No, Issue Security Scheme is not associated to project after connection has been timeout.

I increased the value of connectionTimeout attribute in server.xml

then restarted tomcat.

then performed associating Issue Security Scheme to a project, but Connection timeout message again appeared.

(project has 30000 issues)

Nikola Bornová March 25, 2015

Were you able to solve this somehow? I'm have the same problem with associating security scheme to project with 17 000+ issues

Bharadwaj Jannu
Rising Star
Rising Star
March 27, 2015

HI Nikola, Yes though the time out occurs in the UI part, the action will be executing until all issues in the project get associated to Issue Security Scheme. Check the logs when association process is going on.

Suggest an answer