The {code} block does not work for our newly JIRA OnDemand 6.4-OD-14-082

Christoffer Pettersson February 13, 2015

Hey all.

Maybe someone knows more about this.

We recently got JIRA onDemand, and we have version 6.4-OD-14-082.

However, in issues everytime we use the {code} block, it doesn't get rendered as code at all. You see {code} in plain text viewing at the comment.

code_block.png

Are there any settings that controls this, or any other advice that would help us understand why it isnt getting parsed/rendered correctly?

Thanks.

*Update feb 16*

I tried Ben's suggestion with using {code:} which didn't work either:

Image37.png

3 answers

1 accepted

5 votes
Answer accepted
Christoffer Pettersson February 16, 2015

We submitted a ticket to support and asked for help.

Apparently, two modules / system-addons were disabled for us, which we didn't see. They enabled it and everything now works as expected.

The modules they enabled were:

• Enabled add-on module noformat (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.renderers.wiki.macros:noformat)
  • Enabled add-on module code (com.atlassian.jira.plugin.system.renderers.wiki.macros:code)
Insiders June 7, 2016

Thanks. This was our issue too. The disabled modules can be seen under the "Wiki Renderer Macros Plugin" system add-on.

Possibly caused by having a Syntax Highlighter add-on installed in our Server instance when we migrated to Cloud.

I was not able to enable the modules myself and had Support do it.

Like Jesse Nedbase likes this
1 vote
Andre Borzzatto
Atlassian Team
Atlassian Team members are employees working across the company in a wide variety of roles.
February 13, 2015

Hi Christoffer,

Maybe it has something to do with the Wiki Style Renderer being disabled for the comment field.

You can refer to the following documentation when configuring Renderers:

However, please raise a support ticket if the problem cannot be solved, so Atlassian Support can take a look at your instance logs.

Thanks!

0 votes
Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 13, 2015

Hey Christoffer,

Try using 

{code:}
	your code
{code}

That is - add the ':' in your opening bracket.

Christoffer Pettersson February 15, 2015

Hey. I have tried this, without any luck :S

Like Shawn Becker likes this
Christoffer Pettersson February 15, 2015

I have updated my main issue with more details.

Peter Bengov
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
February 16, 2015

It's look like you have some kind of a text editor installed as a plugin. It that so? Try disabling it and try again. Maybe this will help. Peter

Christoffer Pettersson February 16, 2015

Its the rich text editor. I advice from Andre (first comment) and disabled rich text editor renderer, tried it, enabled it again, tried it - without luck. But I will most try disabling various stuff again. Thanks.

Jeffrey Agyei June 25, 2019

@Peter Bengov 

This worked for me! Thank you very much.

your code
{code}

Thank you 

Sochy Choeun December 12, 2019

I am trying code block

{code}

Suggest an answer