• Community
  • Products
  • Jira Software
  • Questions
  • The call to the JIRA server did not complete within the timeout period. We are unsure of the result of this operation. Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser

The call to the JIRA server did not complete within the timeout period. We are unsure of the result of this operation. Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser

Vinesha D'Mello December 8, 2015

Hello!

I'm experiencing this error when I try to transition an Issue

The call to the JIRA server did not complete within the timeout period. We are unsure of the result of this operation.

Close this dialog and press refresh in your browser

System tries to load and gives this error message after a minute

1 answer

1 accepted

0 votes
Answer accepted
Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
December 8, 2015

This happens when you have a slow or lost connection to JIRA, or JIRA crashes while trying to do it.  In the first instance, there's not a lot you can do beyond network analysis to see where the connection is failing.  If it's a JIRA issue, then you need to start reading the JIRA application log.

Vineela Durbha July 11, 2019

Hi @Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I am even facing the same issue while performing a transition. There is no error in the log. While the same action is working fine in other tickets. Only in a particular issue I am getting this error

Can you help me in how to find the rootcause of the same

Nic Brough -Adaptavist-
Community Leader
Community Leader
Community Leaders are connectors, ambassadors, and mentors. On the online community, they serve as thought leaders, product experts, and moderators.
July 13, 2019

My guess is that your issue has a silly and useless amount of comments on it, too much to be delivered in a reasonable time.

Vineela Durbha July 14, 2019

@Nic Brough -Adaptavist- 

I have deleted all the comments in the ticket and still I am seeing this issue.Anything else i should check?

Like # people like this
Vishal Kharde August 24, 2020

@Vineela Durbha @Vinesha D_Mello we are facing the same issue. Did you manage to resolve this issue, or any workaround or suggestion to deal with it?

Vineela Durbha August 27, 2020

@Vishal Kharde 

This issue occurs whenever the performance of jira is slow.When the performance is improved it worked automatically. Also when there is an inappropriate action on jira server during a transition the same error occurs.

Like Vishal Kharde likes this
Vishal Kharde August 28, 2020

Thank you @Vineela Durbha for the response. It was indeed helpful in investigating in the right direction.

Suggest an answer