The best way to redirect old links from Jira to the new Jira server.

HI,

I was wondering if anyone has done this before in the past. I am planning on upgrading Jira this weekend. During the upgrade it will be moved to a new server and renamed.

Can anyone give me the best solution for routing the old jira links to the new server?

thanks,

Steven

1 answer

1 accepted

1 votes

I've always done that with a rewrite or proxy in Apache. Assuming you're behind an Apache server of course.

If you're not behind apache you can still run one on the old host/port combination. Or get the old DNS entry pointed to the new server and have apache listening on the old port, then rewrite to the new port. Now would be a good time to incorporate apache or nginx into your new setup...

It's the easiest way, problem is you will need to keep the old jira running (unless you know how to knock up a java webapp). Make sure you point to a dummy database if you keep jira running.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Sarah Schuster
Posted Jan 29, 2018 in Jira

What are common themes you've seen across successful & failed Jira Software implementations?

Hey everyone! My name is Sarah Schuster, and I'm a Customer Success Manager in Atlassian specializing in Jira Software Cloud. Over the next few weeks I will be posting discussion topics (8 total) to ...

3,003 views 12 18
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you
Atlassian Team Tour

Join us on the Team Tour

We're bringing product updates and pro tips on teamwork to ten cities around the world.

Save your spot