The UPM says 'The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable.' but atlassian hosts are reachable from the server

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 11, 2012

Since yesterday the UPM is telling me 'The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable.' I have not changed anything on our network, and I am able to wget and ping plugins.atlassian.com from the server console.

There is no proxy involved.

Hope someone can help,I want to update Jira this weekend...

so long
Thomas

UPDATE: The problem only exists in the "Manage Plugins" Tab - "Find New Plugins" works just fine!

6 answers

1 accepted

2 votes
Answer accepted
onkeldom
Rising Star
Rising Star
Rising Stars are recognized for providing high-quality answers to other users. Rising Stars receive a certificate of achievement and are on the path to becoming Community Leaders.
July 19, 2012

We had the exact same problem. It was a bug. Upgrading JIRA to 5.0.7 solved it for us. Maybe you should try this.

Cheers,
Dom

Marcel_R__Ackermann July 23, 2012

I can confirm this, updating JIRA solved the problem. Thanks for the hint.

0 votes
Norman Abramovitz
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 19, 2012

I reported this issue to Atlassian support a few days ago and they confirmed it is a bug for 5.0.6. They recommend to upgrade to 5.0.7. It worked in my test environment but I have not done anything to production yet.

0 votes
JamieA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 18, 2012

I see the same problem in confluence 4.2.8, latest version of upm. The actual message in the log is a 404 from marketplace, but the UI shows the "not reachable" message.

Attaching stacktrace in case any use to Atlassian:

2012-07-20 12:46:18,362 WARN [scheduler_Worker-3] [upm.notification.cache.NotificationCacheUpdaterImpl] updatePluginUpdateNotification Automatic plugin update check failed
com.atlassian.plugins.PacException: 404
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractServiceClient.getEntityFromResponse(AbstractServiceClient.java:265)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractRestServiceClient$4.apply(AbstractRestServiceClient.java:134)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractRestServiceClient$4.apply(AbstractRestServiceClient.java:130)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractServiceClient.executeMethod(AbstractServiceClient.java:428)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractRestServiceClient.list(AbstractRestServiceClient.java:129)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.plugin.PluginVersionServiceClientImpl.findUpdates(PluginVersionServiceClientImpl.java:81)
        at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.getUpdates(PacClientImpl.java:166)
        at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.getUpdates(PacClientImpl.java:154)
        at com.atlassian.upm.notification.cache.NotificationCacheUpdaterImpl.updatePluginUpdateNotification(NotificationCacheUpdaterImpl.java:70)

0 votes
Marcel_R__Ackermann July 18, 2012

We experience exactly the same problem with JIRA (v5.0.6#733, UPM v2.4.1). Ironically, I am still able to upgrade most of the plugins using the manage interface.

Is the already a solution to this?

0 votes
Jobin Kuruvilla [Adaptavist]
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2012

Can you check your baseURL is correct? We faced the same issue once when the base url was wrong.

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2012

The base URL is correct, I am guessing it's some kind of network problem...

0 votes
JohnA
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2012

Hi Thomas,

Can you tell us what version of the UPM you're running? Did you do an update recently?

Thomas Heidenreich
Rising Star
Rising Star
July 12, 2012

Installed is version 2.4

What's confusing is:

• The message on the top screen says marketplace server not reachable
  • When I expand the plugin I see an update button with a newer version number! How is this information obtained when there is no connection to the marketplace server??

Suggest an answer