• Community
  • Products
  • Jira
  • Questions
  • The UPM says 'The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable.' but atlassian hosts are reachable from the server

The UPM says 'The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable.' but atlassian hosts are reachable from the server

Since yesterday the UPM is telling me 'The Atlassian Marketplace server is not reachable.' I have not changed anything on our network, and I am able to wget and ping plugins.atlassian.com from the server console.

There is no proxy involved.

Hope someone can help,I want to update Jira this weekend...

so long
Thomas

UPDATE: The problem only exists in the "Manage Plugins" Tab - "Find New Plugins" works just fine!

6 answers

1 accepted

Accepted Answer
2 votes

We had the exact same problem. It was a bug. Upgrading JIRA to 5.0.7 solved it for us. Maybe you should try this.

Cheers,
Dom

I can confirm this, updating JIRA solved the problem. Thanks for the hint.

Hi Thomas,

Can you tell us what version of the UPM you're running? Did you do an update recently?

Installed is version 2.4

What's confusing is:

• The message on the top screen says marketplace server not reachable
  • When I expand the plugin I see an update button with a newer version number! How is this information obtained when there is no connection to the marketplace server??
0 votes

Can you check your baseURL is correct? We faced the same issue once when the base url was wrong.

The base URL is correct, I am guessing it's some kind of network problem...

We experience exactly the same problem with JIRA (v5.0.6#733, UPM v2.4.1). Ironically, I am still able to upgrade most of the plugins using the manage interface.

Is the already a solution to this?

0 votes

I see the same problem in confluence 4.2.8, latest version of upm. The actual message in the log is a 404 from marketplace, but the UI shows the "not reachable" message.

Attaching stacktrace in case any use to Atlassian:

2012-07-20 12:46:18,362 WARN [scheduler_Worker-3] [upm.notification.cache.NotificationCacheUpdaterImpl] updatePluginUpdateNotification Automatic plugin update check failed
com.atlassian.plugins.PacException: 404
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractServiceClient.getEntityFromResponse(AbstractServiceClient.java:265)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractRestServiceClient$4.apply(AbstractRestServiceClient.java:134)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractRestServiceClient$4.apply(AbstractRestServiceClient.java:130)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractServiceClient.executeMethod(AbstractServiceClient.java:428)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.AbstractRestServiceClient.list(AbstractRestServiceClient.java:129)
        at com.atlassian.plugins.client.service.plugin.PluginVersionServiceClientImpl.findUpdates(PluginVersionServiceClientImpl.java:81)
        at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.getUpdates(PacClientImpl.java:166)
        at com.atlassian.upm.pac.PacClientImpl.getUpdates(PacClientImpl.java:154)
        at com.atlassian.upm.notification.cache.NotificationCacheUpdaterImpl.updatePluginUpdateNotification(NotificationCacheUpdaterImpl.java:70)

I reported this issue to Atlassian support a few days ago and they confirmed it is a bug for 5.0.6. They recommend to upgrade to 5.0.7. It worked in my test environment but I have not done anything to production yet.

Suggest an answer

Community showcase
Posted Sep 18, 2018 in Jira

What modern development practices are at the heart of how your team delivers software?

Hey Community mates! Claire here from the Software Product Marketing team. We all know software development changes rapidly, and it's often tough to keep up. But from our research, we've found the h...

25,212 views 2 7
Join discussion

Atlassian User Groups

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find a group

Connect with like-minded Atlassian users at free events near you!

Find my local user group

Unfortunately there are no AUG chapters near you at the moment.

Start an AUG

You're one step closer to meeting fellow Atlassian users at your local meet up. Learn more about AUGs

Groups near you